Abby O’Flaherty has practiced family law exclusively since 2011. She has dedicated her practice to a wide range of family law matters, such as property characterization and division, custody and visitation, child and spousal support, pre-marital and post-marital agreements, and post-judgment issues. She is well versed in complex property issues and high-asset cases, including venture capital, charitable entities, equity compensation, LLCs, LPs, and other sophisticated business interests.
She works with clients through all phases of the dissolution process, including mediation and alternative dispute resolution, negotiated settlements, and litigation. The diversity of her work has allowed her to develop an interdisciplinary practice and wide network of experts and consultants in various fields such as tax, forensic accounting, financial planning, estate planning, nonprofit, and corporate law.
Abby’s compassionate and thoughtful approach to each individual case allows her to address the unique needs of the client and guide them through what can be a very difficult time. The range and depth of her experience allows her to determine the most effective and expeditious way to resolve each case while maintaining the utmost professionalism.
- Northern California Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine, 2013, 2014, 2018, and 2019
This list represents the top 2.5% of up-and-coming lawyers in California.
- BA, University of California, Irvine (2006)
- JD, University of San Francisco School of Law (2011)
- San Mateo County Bar Association
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- California State Bar, Family Law Section
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Mentee
- Pro Bono Attorney for the San Mateo Family Court Status Conference Calendar