Prenup Lawyers in San Francisco
Prenuptial Agreements: Effectively Protecting Your Rights, Assets & Future
At Fenchel Family Law, we help clients with a number of family legal issues. When it comes to preparing for marriage, our San Francisco prenuptial agreement attorneys help couples draft premarital agreements that keep their assets protected and safeguard them from debt.
Our San Francisco prenuptial agreement lawyers recommend a prenuptial agreement when:
- There are significant assets involved
- A large inheritance is due to come soon
- Parents want to distribute separate property to their children from a prior relationship
- The parties want to avoid conflict in the event of a divorce
- The couple wants to clarify the financial rights and responsibilities of each party during the marriage
- One party is starting a business
What Happens If I Don’t Have a Prenuptial Agreement?
Not everyone who gets married creates a prenuptial agreement. However, as the day of your wedding approaches, you should be aware of what could happen if you get married without having a prenuptial agreement in place.
When there is no premarital contract:
- The property earned or acquired during the marriage will be split 50/50 between the spouses in the event of a divorce
- Either spouse can demand ongoing spousal support during and after the divorce
- Divorces can often be more challenging since you and your spouse will have to reach an agreement on several issues during a time when tensions could be very high
Our Prenup Attorneys in San Francisco Are Here to Help
Whether you have decided that you are ready to file a prenuptial agreement or you are interested in learning more about the benefits of such a contract, reach out to Fenchel Family Law. We want to help you get your marriage started right and ensure that your assets and best interests remain protected.
Get in touch with our San Francisco prenuptial agreement lawyers today by dialing (415) 650-1112.
We Help You Take Your Life Back
We empower our clients to take their lives back as they navigate parenthood marriage, & divorce toward more vibrant futures.
No case is the same. We take the time to listen to our clients and really understand their goals and the future they are trying build.
Divorce can impact many areas of your life; therefore, we help our clients identify potential snares and give them the tools they need.
Honest & Straightforward
We pride ourselves on being a trusted advisor. If we feel pursuing something could negatively impact your case, it's our job to let you know.