The mother of the child is not letting me see my child per the court’s orders. What can I do?

Many times men come into my office and they tell me that the court has made orders that limit their parenting time. What does this mean? This means that a court has found that their children either need to be protected from them or the court has believed their wives lies and minimized their time with the children as a result. Before I take these kinds of cases, I require fathers do a deep dive as to why these orders were made and really come clean to me and tell me what’s going on. Often I have found that men require a therapist to really help them identify what’s going on in their lives that has required a court to make these orders. But let me be clear, courts get this wrong all the time. Oftentimes when you’re not fighting for your interests and your rights to your kids and your wife is overly fighting to keep her interests you’ll get the short end of the stick. That’s why it’s imperative when you’re going through a high-conflict custody dispute, you have an attorney advocating for you. Just because you maybe didn’t hire an attorney before, or you hired the wrong one, doesn’t mean that these terrible custody orders cannot be modified. It is your duty to go to a family law attorney and have somebody help you modify those orders so that you can reconnect with your kids. Because it’s your kids that are really going to suffer without you there in their lives.